Protecting Your Home

Home Insurance on a plate…

Buildings Insurance is a legal requirement to satisfy your mortgage lender. It provides cover for the structure of your house should you be unlucky enough to experience flood, fire, storm damage and subsidence as examples. It covers not only the bricks & mortar, but also your fixtures and fittings, patio, walls, hedges and gates.

Contents Insurance provides cover for your personal possessions including away from your home. Your contents such as clothing, jewellery, furniture need to be insured for situations beyond your control such as burglary, damage due to flooding, fire and storms. Your policy can be tailored further by the following additional benefits:

Accidental Damage Cover is strongly recommended as this provides cover to for your home and contents against any visible damage which has not been caused on purpose by you or your family.

Personal Belongings Cover provides cover away from the home for personal items and valuables normally worn or carried in everyday life.

Home Emergency Cover provides cover in the event that an unforeseen problem such as a burst pipe or your heating breaks down. A quick phone call ensures a qualified person will come to your home to make it safe, secure and habitable again.

Legal Expenses Cover provides protection against the cost of legal expenses for you and your family for any unforeseen circumstances such as legal defence, property disputes and tax investigation to name just a few.

As well as finding the best initial policy the real value kicks in when your policy comes up for review. Many insurance providers up their rates after the first year, we are completely up to speed with this and will be able to advise you to either ‘stay put or change provider’. Call us now for a detailed quote.

Details regarding Landlords Insurance for Buy to Let properties is also available on request.

Richard Cornwell Independent Mortgages act as a credit broker not a lender.